- May 23, 2023
- Location: Duleek, Co Meath
We have a new and exciting job opening for a Purchasing / Procurement Manager. The role involves developing and overseeing the procurement processes.
- Assist in the delivery of best practice procurement for plant and materials.
- Liaise with the company’s QS and Finance functions on costs.
- Carry out a monthly stock take and advise the QS on the value of stock.
- Support QS compiling monthly reports.
- Maintain record of pricing documents.
- Management of procurement schedule.
- Oversee the procurement of materials and equipment for company projects while adhering to the material budget established at the start of each project and aligning with the construction procurement and procurement schedule.
- Identify and implement strategies that enable procurement to continually improve projects.
- Maintain site asset register.
- Manage and agree credit limits with suppliers.
- Manage specialist supplies in conjunction with QS department.
- Obtain DOP information from suppliers to allow project meet BCAR obligations.
- Raise purchase orders. This includes the negotiation with manufacturers & suppliers on price and terms including locking in a price for duration of Project’s where possible.
- Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the purchasing.
- Review the current market prices to ensure best price is being achieved and build relationships with manufacturers & suppliers including arranging face to face meetings to achieve best results in procuring the best product at the most competitive price.
Suitable candidates should have:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in working within the residential/commercial sectors of the Irish Construction Industry.
- CIPS/CPSM/CSCP Diploma in Purchasing & Procurement.
- To have good knowledge of all building
- Strong understanding of purchasing and cost systems is essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Flexibility with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Ability to adapt, multitask and work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Salary: Negotiable. and will include Suitable benefits and package.
All CV details can be posted / e-mailed to: email@example.com