- The main purpose of the role is too safely and profitably plan, manage, and control the day to day site activities.
- To understand, implement and adhere to EHS&Q policy.
- File Method Statements in correct folders on site and ensure that all contractors adhere to their requirements.
- Induct new starters on site.
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions are maintained on site and safety and welfare facilities are maintained to a good standard; signing the daily inspection sheet.
- Carry out statutory workplace inspections.
- Ensure all Plant Certification is valid and current/
- Accompany the Safety Consultant / Manager during inspections.
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site.
- Contribute and present to the Pre-Site Start Presentation following detailed preparation; studying drawings and specification.
- Control of Work in Progress - Schedule materials in line with the programme, whilst maintaining minimum stock levels.
- Produce Weekly Planning Sheet to schedule trades and agree this with sub-contractors.
- Liaise with multi-utility/statutory providers to ensure that mains and services are installed/diverted/re-located in line with programmed requirements.
- Attend and contribute site meeting.
- Liaise with Building Warranty and Local Authority Inspectors for Key Stage Inspections
- Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction.
- Ensure materials are stored securely and in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations to minimise loss and wastage.
- Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible and where not are disposed of in accordance with the waste management policy.
- Minimise company liability for Day work payments; ensure all works are agreed, costed, order numbers issued and approved prior to commencement.
- Lead and motivate the site team (direct employees and sub-contractors) to achieve the required objectives.
- Carry out 'toolbox talks' and less formal one-to-one communication with site employees to ensure that they are kept abreast of changing requirements, developments tc.
- Ensure that direct employees on site receive timely feedback on their performance and are trained and developed accordingly.
- Oversee the training and development of trainees on site.
Suitable candidates should have:
- A minimum of 3 years' residential experience in a similar role with a Main Contractor in a similar role
- 3rd level Construction/Building Qualification
- Be able to communicate well and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of construction practices, trades and techniques
- A track record in securing profitable projects
- Excellent Information Technology skills
- A full clean European driver's license
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent numeracy and computer skills
- Professional presence, dress and demeanour
Negotiable and will include Suitable benefits and package.
All CV details can be posted / e-mailed to: email@example.com
Page 1 of 1